Custom Pool Design
A pool is a big investment. The cost of a basic inground pool can start at about $22,000 and go up from there. There are a lot of things to consider when deciding on the type of pool you want. Developing swimming pool ideas for backyard entertainment can be overwhelming at first. Here are some things to consider when envisioning a custom pool design.
- Time – How much time are you going to spend in the pool? How much time are you going to devote to maintaining your pool? Pools are an investment and they do not do well when left to sit on their own. A pool must be winterized and maintained in the colder months, as well as chlorinated and monitored during the busy summer months.
- Size – How much space in your yard can you set aside for the pool? How deep do you want the pool? How many gallons of water a pool need depends on its size. Be mindful of costs when considering the concentrated chemicals to buy and the cost of filling up the pool.
- Shape – Even small yards can have excellent inground pools. Work with the space available and make sure to leave enough space for patios and lounge furniture.
- Maintenance – Make sure that you use a reputable and reliable maintenance company. While maintaining your pool yourself can save you money in the short run, issues that are easily caught by professionals can cause detrimental effect to your pool that can cost you more money down the road.
There are several swimming pool designs that you can consider when building your own custom pool. The following are some ways to customize your pool so that it leaves your family and friends having more fun.
- Paint before Fill – Hire an artist to paint you a tropical undersea theme on your liner before filling with water. A mural in your pool will add a tasteful and whimsical element of design that many other pool owners don’t even think about.
- Greenery – Invest in large ferns and beach plants to place around your pool. Doing this will make your inground pool seem more like an oasis and people will be impressed by the creative use of nature in your pool space. Too often, inground pools are encased in so much concrete that you can forget you’re actually outside. Invest in greenery!
- Cool Shapes – Free shape pools are more than just fun, they can cater to your exact needs when dealing with possibly limited space on your property. Other than the obvious kidney shape that tends to be the most popular, you can also have a pool in the shape of a guitar or a cloud. You can really take liberty with designing your pool space by choosing a free shape pool.
- Water Features – You can choose to install a waterfall, jets, or bubblers in your pool to give it variety and more aesthetic beauty. You can choose a moss-covered rocky finish or a more modern tiled backdrop for your waterfall. You can really add your style when selecting a waterfall or even have one custom built! When it comes to water features there are so many custom pool design ideas to be made aware of.
Selecting the right swimming pool builders can be difficult, but there’s nothing more important regarding your pool and home value. Here are some tips to make sure you’re selecting the right pool builder.
- Reputable – It’s important to choose a company that has great and consistent reviews on Google and on their personal website. Look for a third-party review site because the testimonials on private websites can be selective. At Atlantic Pools, we pride ourselves on each customer being satisfied and happy with their pool needs.
- Licensed and Insured – This is simple, but make sure that your pool builders are licensed and insured.
- Customer focused – Make sure you choose a company that will go above and beyond to make sure that exactly what you want is what you get: the backyard of your dreams.
We at Atlantic Pools are family-owned and have been in business for 40 years. We know exactly what it takes to retain customers and give them exactly what they want. If you’re ready for a custom pool design and to have the perfect backyard, contact Atlantic Pool & Spa today for your free consultation. We will be happy to start custom designing your amazing poolscape.
Over the years we have built a great reputation for creating unique and striking custom pool designs in the Northern NJ area, We are located in Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Our happy customers come from Bergen, Warren, Sussex and Morris County. We would love to add you to our long list of happy customers.