Five Great Benefits of Hot Tubs and Swim Spas
Healthy people have a certain glow. You know them when you see them. They are toned, tanned, and probably smiling, knowing they look and feel better than most of us. What’s their secret? Many are regulars at some sort of spa. Ask any ageless individual what his or her beauty secret is, and you are likely to hear the word “spa” in the response.
The health benefits of the spa lifestyle are numerous, and there are too many of them to cover in this solitary article. Improved overall fitness is a given, of course. But, remember, too, that the spa benefits weight loss. With everyone so busy, however, how do people do it?
With today’s busy schedules that include having a full-time job, taking the dog outside and picking up the kids from school., most people don’t have much time left for themselves. And, most certainly don’t have time to get in the car and fight traffic to travel across town to work out. But, there’s a solution. If you cannot find time to go to the gym, bring your workout routine and spa to your own backyard. That sounds simple enough, and it is! Below is a sampling of the 5 great benefits of hot tubs and swim spas.
Swim spas are machines that let you burn calories with continuous swimming. You will never hit up against the wall or turn around at the end of a lap like you do in a traditional pool. Benefits include:
- A continuous cardio workout that can be tailored to your exact physical fitness needs. Calorie use is significant because, in a swim spa, you are swimming against a current. That creates a more intensive workout that increases strength and cardiovascular fitness over time.
- Swim spa benefits will make you more fit as time goes on, so they are constructed in a way that allows you to increase the resistance from the current. Do you find that your swim spa workout is not challenging enough anymore? Then, simply increase the resistance from the current and you will be working harder and continue to reap the physical benefits of your workout, instead of stagnating. This is why some fitness buffs consider swim spas to be far superior to traditional workouts or lap pools.
Your New Spa Lifestyle: Benefits of A Spa
I want you, for a moment, to consider your new “spa” self. You get home from a long day, don your bathing suit, and get in the swim spa for a great workout. Your workout doesn’t take as long because you’ve increased the resistance enough, so it is really challenging.
After your intense but enjoyable workout, you take a few steps over to your jacuzzi or hot tub. Yes! You can create a spa-like environment at your home with a relaxing hot tub or spa alongside your pool and get all the benefits of this system, such as:
- Hot water that massages your tired muscles and reduces pain.
- Improved circulation and blood flow.
- Clear Pores. The steam from the spa will unclog your pores and clear your skin.
You’ve accomplished five fitness and beauty goals and your only responsibility at this moment are contemplating the lovely meal you’re going to have afterward. You can eat whatever you want. You have certainly burned enough calories! Spa benefits weight loss so you can have that delicious dinner you have been thinking about all day.
When you wake up from what seems like a dream, you realize you did all this … in your own backyard! Feeling good, huh? Say hello to the new you, made possible by the amenities you have at home.
The Swimming pool professionals at Atlantic Pools and Spas can help you get the maximum benefits of hot tubs and swim spas. Look for us to find hot tubs and spas near me and relax into your new lifestyle. Give us a call at (973) 601-3320 or contact us and leave a message.
We hope you have enjoyed and learned something from our article “Five Great Benefits of Hot Tubs and Swim Spas”